Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Storm Door Closer

Don Young wrote:
"Herb S" wrote in message

I'm having a problem with my Andersen/Emco storm door which is about one
year old.

It has 2 door closers; one at the top and a push button one at the bottom
for holding the door open. The problem occurs with the pin that holds the
bottom closer to the jamb bracket. This pin rises up with repeated
openings and closings of the door. About once a week I push it back down
or else it will keep rising until it disengages from the bottom hole of
the bracket.

I guess I could put the pin in upside down although I haven't tried this
yet. I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening and
how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Herb

A small O-ring around the bottom of the pin or a little glue should do it.
If heavy artillery is required your hardware store should have a small
clevis pin with a hole for a cotter pin.

Don Young

H,
Alignment problem? Or how about putting in a screw and jam nut?