Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hunter Ceiling Fan Installation Problem

I recently installed a Hunter 42" Low Profile Fan with light in my
kitchen. I noticed that the shock mounts that they require to mount
the plate to ceiling cause the fan/motor assembly to move. Seems too
flimsy.
When I pull the chain to turn on the fan, the whole motor body moves.
It is not loose, it is simply a very soft mount. Should I remove the
gromet shock mounts and have the plate mount flush to the ceilng?
When I turn the fan on, it wobbles and I think that the wobbling
motion will fatigue the wiring. This is a very crappy design, if t is
designed to be a mushy mount.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

It's the most dumb assed design I've seen except for some other Hunter
models. No, you can't remove the rubber bushings or the canopy screws won't
line up, and without the bushings, the thing would squeak against the
ceiling. My suggestion is junk it and get any other make fan

"mstrspy" wrote in message
I recently installed a Hunter 42" Low Profile Fan with light in my
kitchen. I noticed that the shock mounts that they require to mount
the plate to ceiling cause the fan/motor assembly to move. Seems too
flimsy.
When I pull the chain to turn on the fan, the whole motor body moves.
It is not loose, it is simply a very soft mount. Should I remove the
gromet shock mounts and have the plate mount flush to the ceilng?
When I turn the fan on, it wobbles and I think that the wobbling
motion will fatigue the wiring. This is a very crappy design, if t is
designed to be a mushy mount.

Posted to alt.home.repair

There is a 1/2" gap between the canopy surface and the ceiling. If the
gromets are removed, there would still be a small gap for rattling.
Your right, it is a sucky design. What other brand would be better?
I will simply bring the Hunter back to Home Depot, and tell them that
it is a piece of junk and get another.

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:17:12 -0400, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

It's the most dumb assed design I've seen except for some other Hunter
models. No, you can't remove the rubber bushings or the canopy screws won't
line up, and without the bushings, the thing would squeak against the
ceiling. My suggestion is junk it and get any other make fan

"mstrspy" wrote in message
.. .
I recently installed a Hunter 42" Low Profile Fan with light in my
kitchen. I noticed that the shock mounts that they require to mount
the plate to ceiling cause the fan/motor assembly to move. Seems too
flimsy.
When I pull the chain to turn on the fan, the whole motor body moves.
It is not loose, it is simply a very soft mount. Should I remove the
gromet shock mounts and have the plate mount flush to the ceilng?
When I turn the fan on, it wobbles and I think that the wobbling
motion will fatigue the wiring. This is a very crappy design, if t is
designed to be a mushy mount.

Posted to alt.home.repair

hunter has obviously gone south from my older models.
I have several hapton bay fans courtousy of the previois owner and
other than being ugly don't have any problems.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

mstrspy wrote:
I recently installed a Hunter 42" Low Profile Fan with light in my
kitchen. I noticed that the shock mounts that they require to mount
the plate to ceiling cause the fan/motor assembly to move. Seems too
flimsy.
When I pull the chain to turn on the fan, the whole motor body moves.
It is not loose, it is simply a very soft mount. Should I remove the
gromet shock mounts and have the plate mount flush to the ceilng?
When I turn the fan on, it wobbles and I think that the wobbling
motion will fatigue the wiring. This is a very crappy design, if t is
designed to be a mushy mount.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have 2 basic Hampton Bays that have been running perfect, nice and
quiet for 5 years now.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Casablanca "Intellitouch" is IMHO the best fan you can buy, but very pricey.
The joke is that they're owned by Hunter
The Hampton Bay fans from HD are actually made by a variety of companies,
some are fan-tastic, others are decent . Emerson also makes a pretty decent
line of fans.

wrote:

It's the most dumb assed design I've seen except for some other Hunter
models. No, you can't remove the rubber bushings or the canopy screws
won't
line up, and without the bushings, the thing would squeak against the
ceiling. My suggestion is junk it and get any other make fan

"mstrspy" wrote in message
. ..
I recently installed a Hunter 42" Low Profile Fan with light in my
kitchen. I noticed that the shock mounts that they require to mount
the plate to ceiling cause the fan/motor assembly to move. Seems too
flimsy.
When I pull the chain to turn on the fan, the whole motor body moves.
It is not loose, it is simply a very soft mount. Should I remove the
gromet shock mounts and have the plate mount flush to the ceilng?
When I turn the fan on, it wobbles and I think that the wobbling
motion will fatigue the wiring. This is a very crappy design, if t is
designed to be a mushy mount.

ceiling light problem, Help please. {AGUT}ODIN Home Repair 1 November 9th 05 10:26 PM
Advice - Sagging Ceiling, Bump in the floor KT Home Repair 14 December 6th 04 11:12 PM
crown molding problem nemo Woodworking 10 June 4th 04 02:24 AM
Bathroom Ceiling Problem BIGEYE UK diy 3 March 18th 04 01:26 PM
Ceiling Light Problem - No Switch Phil Anderson Home Repair 35 January 26th 04 12:36 PM