Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default Hunter Ceiling Fan Installation Problem

I've had good luck with Hampton Bay (Home Depot's house brand) and also
Lowe's house brand (can't think of the name).

-Tim

"mstrspy" wrote in message
There is a 1/2" gap between the canopy surface and the ceiling. If the
gromets are removed, there would still be a small gap for rattling.
Your right, it is a sucky design. What other brand would be better?
I will simply bring the Hunter back to Home Depot, and tell them that
it is a piece of junk and get another.

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:17:12 -0400, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

It's the most dumb assed design I've seen except for some other Hunter
models. No, you can't remove the rubber bushings or the canopy screws
won't
line up, and without the bushings, the thing would squeak against the
ceiling. My suggestion is junk it and get any other make fan

"mstrspy" wrote in message
. ..
I recently installed a Hunter 42" Low Profile Fan with light in my
kitchen. I noticed that the shock mounts that they require to mount
the plate to ceiling cause the fan/motor assembly to move. Seems too
flimsy.
When I pull the chain to turn on the fan, the whole motor body moves.
It is not loose, it is simply a very soft mount. Should I remove the
gromet shock mounts and have the plate mount flush to the ceilng?
When I turn the fan on, it wobbles and I think that the wobbling
motion will fatigue the wiring. This is a very crappy design, if t is
designed to be a mushy mount.