{AGUT}ODIN

Default ceiling light problem, Help please.

Hi I have a small problem I need help with. I and in the middle of redoing
my home and I and replacing three ceiling lights. The first two were no
problem but the one in the living room has two black wires, two white wires
and two green wires. I attached them all together (black with black etc..)
and the light came on but when it switches off it blows a breaker. So I
took down the light until I figure out what's the problem. When I bought
the house the people that moved out took the chandler that was hanging in
this room now its just a hole with wires hanging out and no light in this
room. Anyone with electrical experience please help ....My wife is driving
me crazy!!

RBM

Of your two cables in the box, one is the feed and one is going to the
switch. First separate the wires and turn the power on. Using a tester find
out which cable gives you 120 volts. Next turn off the power. The black wire
that was live connects to the white wire of the other cable with a wire nut.
The remaining white and black go to the white and black of your fixture and
all the grounds go together