Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Distance between post holes for privacy fence

Can anyone tell me how to layout the exact distance between the postholes
for a privacy fence with sections that are 6 feet tall and 8 feet wide?

This privacy fence has 3 rails that will fit into bored out holes on the
posts. If I set the posts in concrete, how do I install the pre-built
privacy fence sections into the posts???

Hope this does not seem too dumb...
All help greatly appreciated !
Matt

Posted to alt.home.repair

Matt Zack wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to layout the exact distance between the postholes
for a privacy fence with sections that are 6 feet tall and 8 feet wide?

This privacy fence has 3 rails that will fit into bored out holes on the
posts. If I set the posts in concrete, how do I install the pre-built
privacy fence sections into the posts???

Hope this does not seem too dumb...
All help greatly appreciated !
Matt

Just a guess, but if the panels are 8' wide than you probably want to
make the holes ~ 8' apart. Maybe a little less depending on how far
the panels insert into the posts.

Set post, install panel, set next post, install next panel, set next
post, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Matt Zack wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to layout the exact distance between the postholes
for a privacy fence with sections that are 6 feet tall and 8 feet wide?

This privacy fence has 3 rails that will fit into bored out holes on the
posts. If I set the posts in concrete, how do I install the pre-built
privacy fence sections into the posts???

Hope this does not seem too dumb...
All help greatly appreciated !
Matt

You don't set all the posts in concrete until you've put the rail
sections between them, or do them one at a time, not putting concrete in
the post hole until you've placed the rail section between the last
posts. This will also ensure that the distance between the posts is exact
I don't particularly like the construction you've mentioned. How do you
replaced a damaged rail section if they are inserted into unmovable
concreted posts?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Matt...Matt...Matt,

If you're gonna hang here u gots to be thinkin.

Dig the holes, 'bout 12" - 15" in diameter and 'bout 20" deep. Set the 8'
posts in 'em with rails inserted. Brace everthing w/ misc lumber so all
posts r plum (straight up and down). NOW, mix & pour concrete in all holes
and leave 'em b for a spell.

Next

"Matt Zack" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone tell me how to layout the exact distance between the postholes
for a privacy fence with sections that are 6 feet tall and 8 feet wide?

This privacy fence has 3 rails that will fit into bored out holes on the
posts. If I set the posts in concrete, how do I install the pre-built
privacy fence sections into the posts???

Hope this does not seem too dumb...
All help greatly appreciated !
Matt

Posted to alt.home.repair

better to install posts in gravel or at least sit posts on gravel
before concreting.

otherwise posts will rot and in a few years you will be asking about
replacing them

USE ONLY THE VERY BEST TREATED WOOD, some only treats the surface, and
the interior rots away.