Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default Distance between post holes for privacy fence

Matt Zack wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to layout the exact distance between the postholes
for a privacy fence with sections that are 6 feet tall and 8 feet wide?

This privacy fence has 3 rails that will fit into bored out holes on the
posts. If I set the posts in concrete, how do I install the pre-built
privacy fence sections into the posts???

Hope this does not seem too dumb...
All help greatly appreciated !
Matt

Just a guess, but if the panels are 8' wide than you probably want to
make the holes ~ 8' apart. Maybe a little less depending on how far
the panels insert into the posts.

Set post, install panel, set next post, install next panel, set next
post, etc.