Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead Craven Morehead is offline

Default Distance between post holes for privacy fence

Matt...Matt...Matt,

If you're gonna hang here u gots to be thinkin.

Dig the holes, 'bout 12" - 15" in diameter and 'bout 20" deep. Set the 8'
posts in 'em with rails inserted. Brace everthing w/ misc lumber so all
posts r plum (straight up and down). NOW, mix & pour concrete in all holes
and leave 'em b for a spell.

Next

"Matt Zack" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone tell me how to layout the exact distance between the postholes
for a privacy fence with sections that are 6 feet tall and 8 feet wide?

This privacy fence has 3 rails that will fit into bored out holes on the
posts. If I set the posts in concrete, how do I install the pre-built
privacy fence sections into the posts???

Hope this does not seem too dumb...
All help greatly appreciated !
Matt