Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet: Dual flush retrofit?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a dual flush retrofit kit for a 1.6 gallon US toilet.
I've found some models available in Austraila, but I've been hard
pressed to find anything State-side. Ideally, I'd like to have a half
flush (0.8 - 1.0 gal) for liquid waste and a full flush for solids. I
know these used to be sold, but no one seems to carry them now.

A call to Home Depot was responded to with "We don't have them, but it
sounds like a great idea."

Any leads on products or plans to fabricate would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've run through umpteen pages of web searches. I know that I can get
a new dual flush toilet, but I'm looking for a cheap solution to
convert what I've got. I've found some articles from the late 90s
referencing products for $30 that could convert a toilet as such, but
those companies don't seem to exist anymore.

If you happened across a seemingly relevant link for current products
available in the US, I'd appreciate a heads up. I missed it in my
runthough.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a dual flush retrofit kit for a 1.6 gallon US toilet.
I've found some models available in Austraila, but I've been hard
pressed to find anything State-side. Ideally, I'd like to have a half
flush (0.8 - 1.0 gal) for liquid waste and a full flush for solids. I
know these used to be sold, but no one seems to carry them now.

A call to Home Depot was responded to with "We don't have them, but it
sounds like a great idea."

Any leads on products or plans to fabricate would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

A google search on "dual flush toilet" turned up pages of links. They
are still out there.

Try a urinal....or make your family resort to the lawn for number
1....~:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi all,

I'm looking for a dual flush retrofit kit for a 1.6 gallon US toilet.
I've found some models available in Austraila, but I've been hard
pressed to find anything State-side. Ideally, I'd like to have a half
flush (0.8 - 1.0 gal) for liquid waste and a full flush for solids. I
know these used to be sold, but no one seems to carry them now.

A call to Home Depot was responded to with "We don't have them, but it
sounds like a great idea."

Any leads on products or plans to fabricate would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

A google search on "dual flush toilet" turned up pages of links. They
are still out there.

Try a urinal....or make your family resort to the lawn for number
1....~:

Or, depending on your family's olefactory and other sensibilities try
not flushing every time someone pees in it.

When there were severe water shortages in parts of the US a few years
ago I saw signs in office bathrooms reading, "If it's yellow, let it
mellow; If it's brown, flush it down."

*************

If you're really hung up on getting a "partial flush" for number ones,
here's a couple of ideas.

1. Use a bucket filled from the bathtub spout to manually slosh just
enough into the bowl to get the flush you want.

2. leave the top off the toilet tank and a stick standing up inside it.
Use the stick to push the flapper valve closed to stop the flush when
you want to.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

For about $ 4-5 the HD sells a "Flapper with adjustable Float". It replace
your standard flapper chain with a chain that has a movable float. This will
allow you to reduce the volume of a normal flush.

If you depress and release the flush lever normally, a reduced amount of
water is used for flushing (#1). If you hold the lever down until the flush
is complete, the whole tank is emptied (#2).

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I'm looking for a dual flush retrofit kit for a 1.6 gallon US toilet.
I've found some models available in Austraila, but I've been hard
pressed to find anything State-side. Ideally, I'd like to have a half
flush (0.8 - 1.0 gal) for liquid waste and a full flush for solids. I
know these used to be sold, but no one seems to carry them now.

A call to Home Depot was responded to with "We don't have them, but it
sounds like a great idea."

Any leads on products or plans to fabricate would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

thestuccocompany.com had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...it-137731-.htm
:

This is the admin's SIG
-------------------------------------
Nick wrote:

[...]

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Feb 2008 01:47:02 GMT,
(thestuccocompany.com) wrote:

thestuccocompany.com had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...it-137731-.htm
:

This is a project I have been putting off for a long time. The basic
idea is to put a pipe tee to the toilet tank shutoff valve. One
outlet continues to the toilet tank refill tube. The other outlet
will be connected to a 1/4 inch stainless steel tube that will snake
its way to the bowl rim and discharge into the bowl. Of course I'll
have to put a spring loaded shutoff valve in this tube. This valve
will allow me to swirl a jet of water into the bowl on demand to flush
out liquid waste. The valve can be hand or foot operated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nick wrote:

I've run through umpteen pages of web searches. I know that I can
get a new dual flush toilet, but I'm looking for a cheap solution to
convert what I've got. I've found some articles from the late 90s
referencing products for $30 that could convert a toilet as such, but
those companies don't seem to exist anymore.

Do what the hippies do: "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush
it down."

Posted to alt.home.repair
KBD KBD is offline

We produce low cost solutions towards water conservation needs & offer
a dual flush retrofit kit that works, is cUPC approved & routinely
provides 1.0 / 1.6 gpf on any 1.6 toilet in good working order.

For those interested in installing a new toilet, our new HET
WaterSense models will be available in May at considerably less than
what present DFTs run.

For more information, please visit our website: http://www.kbdirectllc.net/water.html

Charles

wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a dual flush retrofit kit for a 1.6 gallon US toilet.
I've found some models available in Austraila, but I've been hard
pressed to find anything State-side. Ideally, I'd like to have a half
flush (0.8 - 1.0 gal) for liquid waste and a full flush for solids. I
know these used to be sold, but no one seems to carry them now.

A call to Home Depot was responded to with "We don't have them, but it
sounds like a great idea."

Any leads on products or plans to fabricate would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

thestuccocompany.com had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...it-288229-.htm
:
Visit ecoflushtoilet.com. The site offers a retrofit dual flush toilet
kit.
This is ma\' SIG