William Lee

Default Power Flush toilet problems

I have been using an Eljer model 141-7000 toilet with a WCTC PF/2 Energizer
flush unit for a little under three years. Our system is on a well with
"hard" water that runs at 60 psi. We have cartridge filters with the final
being noninally 5 microns. The toilet will not cycle at this point. By this
I mean that it flushes but will not shut off and seems to stay in the fill
bowl mode. There is also a little water in the bottom of the ceramic water
chest. If the supply to the toilet is turned off and then on after 30
seconds or longer, the PF/2 will shut off and flush normally when next
activated.

The local plumbing supply outlet just chinged when I asked about fixing this
problem. They seem to not like "power flush" toilets at all. They had some
replacement parts for Sloan's version, but no parts, info or advise for the
W/C Technology Corp. units.

I would appreciate any comments/advise about how to fix this problem. Yes,
I am aware that the toilet has a "five year warranty", but my experience
with "collecting" on these warranties always leads me to try and fine some
other way to deal with the problem. Thanks.

Art Begun

I have 4 toilets with Sloan valves. Initially had trouble with one
and their support was excellent. You might want to call up the valve
company for your toilet before giving up on the warranty. Sloan sent
me every part imaginable including a whole new valve. Turns out the
plumber put the toilet together with the wrong washer between the tank
and bowl and the problem had nothing to do with the valve.

Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
TV Sony KV27TS35 switching power supply problems gaston Electronics Repair 0 November 30th 03 06:11 PM
TV Sony KV27TS35 switching power supply problems gaston Electronics Repair 0 November 30th 03 04:49 PM
Toilet won't flush without holding down handle Bob Greene Home Repair 4 October 26th 03 11:42 PM