Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old Asko dishwasher leaking oil?

Very strange...we just bought a house with an 15 year old Asko
dishwasher. The other night it start dripping oil from the door onto
the floor. The door has a hinge above the bottom of the dishwasher but
it's dripping from the door. It's still working and it dripped oil
again at least once. Altogether about 1/3 cup of oil has been lost.

Where on earth is this oil coming from? Does the motor have oil in it
like a car does? Why is it dripping from the door?

(Btw, we've already ordered another dishwasher...)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Maybe the oil is rinse aid. The asko is junk. In 3 years 4 different
things broke on ours and we tossed this over priced rippoff in the trash.

ps.com...