DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Old Asko dishwasher leaking oil? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/171898-old-asko-dishwasher-leaking-oil.html)

[email protected] August 8th 06 08:29 PM

Old Asko dishwasher leaking oil?

Very strange...we just bought a house with an 15 year old Asko
dishwasher. The other night it start dripping oil from the door onto
the floor. The door has a hinge above the bottom of the dishwasher but
it's dripping from the door. It's still working and it dripped oil
again at least once. Altogether about 1/3 cup of oil has been lost.

Where on earth is this oil coming from? Does the motor have oil in it
like a car does? Why is it dripping from the door?

(Btw, we've already ordered another dishwasher...)

Art August 10th 06 03:58 PM

Old Asko dishwasher leaking oil?

Maybe the oil is rinse aid. The asko is junk. In 3 years 4 different
things broke on ours and we tossed this over priced rippoff in the trash.

ps.com...