Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

T.T.

Default Asko dishwasher model# 1502 -- to repair or to replace??

Hi, all:

I have a Asko dishwasher model 1502 that recently just ran out of
warranty and what an coincident, it went out of order! The technician
came to take a look and said that the dishwasher need to replace a
circuit board, and he need to charge for US$600!!! Some quick
questions he

1. If it is just a circuit board, could I simply buy parts for this
circuit board and replace it by myself?? Do I need to have a lot of
tools and/or a service manual to do this??

2. Where could I purchase this specific part from?? (I live in San
Francisco, CA)

3. I have done some research on google groups here and found that the
Asko dishwasher seems to have a lot of problems once the warranty
expired, so, is this Asko dishwasher even worth repairing?? Should I
maybe consider to use the US$600 to buy another new dishwasher?? Which
brand/model of dishwasher is more reliable??

Thanks a bunch!!
croll

1502 is an old model. Was the warranty you refer to for the
electronic/pump parts? That was only 5 years and i'm sure it is older
than that... what is the machine doing? Maybe I can help you if my
memory holds out.... Asko has changed the design of their machines a
time or 2 since that one. I think they actually get better. I'm not
familiar with what is available today though. I may be thinking wrong
about yours, there should be a sticker on the right side of the door
on the edge that closes in to the opening. If it says "Type DW95.
something" then it is the newer style. I have a 1555 and love it. It
is an excellent machine. Also, if you have the owners manual it will
give you alot of information in the troubleshooting section.

(T.T.) wrote in message . com...
[...]

T.T.

Dear jaflow:

Thanks for much for your help! I'm not sure exactly how old the
machine is, but I think we purchased it in 1995 or 96. The warranty I
refer to was for the whole machine, I think. We called a technician
and he said that the "circuit board" need to be replaced, and he will
charge the part+labor for US$350..which is quite expensive. Right now,
no matter which button you press, the machine just won't respond at
all. I don't think it is the newer model as I can't find the "Type
DW95" that you mentioned. I did find their official site and
downloaded a user's manual (in PDF file format), but that didn't
really help. I wonder if I could maybe download a "service manual"
(not user's manual) from their site or somewhere and order that
specific circuit board part so that I could repair it by myself?? Any
help would be highly appreciated.

Also, if we decide to go for another new dish washer, which machine
(brand and model#) should we get (for price under US$300) that could
really last longer and more durable?? Thanks!

(T.T.) wrote in message . com...
[...]

croll

Do you have a button you can push in the area where you open the door
(i think)to turn power on and off to the machine? If you do and you
are not getting any lights etc. on the console it is likely this
switch is bad. I have seen it several times. Sometimes the wires need
to be repaired that plug on to the switch also.