Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Kenmore Elite "TurboZone" dishwasher versus Asko D3122

Hi all, finally I think I have narrowed down to my next dishwasher
purchase to only two models (or brands): Kenmore Elite TurboZone(tm),
probably the model of 16053 (Sears for $699.88), or the ASKO D3122. I
would like to hear people's opinion about these two dishwashers, and
any suggestion or comment about them. For what I see, the ASKO seems to
have REALLY GOOD build quality, but I really have little knowledge
about the technology that they used and what made them stand out (and
expensive, at around $900) from other dishwasher brand/models? A friend
of mine used to have a Asko dishwasher few years back and although it
was reliable and did the wash job right, but few years later (I think
around maybe 4 years?), the control board was dead and to replace that
board itself for repair would cost like $300 or something, so he ended
up by replacing the dishwasher with a whirlpool one. Currently we are
using a middle-end Frigidaire Dishwasher (forgot the model), which only
have two jet arms (installed in the middle and the bottom of the tub),
but it does not really do the job right (either we have to pre-scrub it
before we put them into the dishwasher, or the Cascade Complete
detergent just leak and leave the blue stuff everywhere in the tub).
Anyway, I'm really hoping that my next investment on dishwasher could
really save me and my family member's time for washing dishes (we have
a big family for 8 people), so any comments would be highly
appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Sev Sev is offline

When I've seen the Consumers Reports charts on repair frequency,
Kenmore is nearly always better than average- Sears makes money on
selling extended warranties; thus they have a strong interest in seeing
that stuff that carries their brand doesn't actually need much
servicing. Asko (or is it Akso?) is typically among the more repair
prone brands.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Its somewhat ironic that i came across this question. haha. I work at
the putnam sears essentials in putnam CT and i sell appliances. So i
know all about the protection agreements and the kenmore product line.
Oddly enough, kenmore hires companies to make their products for their
specification (whirlpool and LG mostly). However, i own the Asko D3122
and i am in love with it. it gets the dishes so clean they feel
sticky, its a great feeling. This is accomplished through an inline
heater which can heat the water much higher than many other
dishwashers. I purchased mine from percey's in worcester mass about a
year ago and i only have one bad thing to say about it, the power
button to turn on the unit is in an awkward place compaired to the
other buttons but this is only a minor thing. The company really does
stick behind their products too (1 year "bumper to bumper", 3 year
parts and labor, and 5 year parts). I am so impressed by the build
quality and performance of the Asko that i have purchased Asko washing
and drying appliances (Asko W6441 and Asko T711). I am doing this
beside the fact that i get my associate discount on the ever-so popular
Oasis line of products that Kenmore has. I hope this was helpful, and
if you decide to get the Kenmore and you live near CT, come to putnam
sears essentials and ill be more than happy to help you. Haha. (ask
for aaron)