David Jensen

Default Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Now an Alarm Clock

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, model 665.16582200, that I bought
about 2 1/2 years ago that works correctly for some period of time, but
then starts buzzing the solenoid that lets the soap dispenser open. On
one or two occassions, it sounded like it was trying to inject rinse
agent again and again. If I open the door or turn it off for at least
thirty minutes, it works properly for a while, and then repeats the
solenoid buzzing.

These problems appear to be a failure of the electronic control panel
since there is no way the solenoid gets power unless the panel is doing
that, but I cannot get a straight answer from Sears about whether there
was an extended warranty (could this problem really be one that only I
ran into?) or whether the fact that I bought it with their gold card
extends the warranty.

This washer has always taken much longer than the timer control says,
eg, if the timer says 79 minutes, it will take 75 to 90 minutes to get
to the 30 minute dry cycle, which seems to come close to a correct
count, whether I use the 'smart wash' cycle or the standard one.

Any thoughts?

David Jensen wrote:

[...]

Just so you know, your particular Kenmore Elite dishwasher was manufactured
by Whirlpool.

(665= Whirlpool)

David Jensen

In alt.home.repair, M wrote in :
David Jensen wrote:

[...]

Thanks.

I've also noticed that it's the stock number (16582) that seems to be
used by most folks as the model. That was a bit confusing at first.

jeff

David Jensen wrote in message . ..
[...]

Hi,

(could this problem really be one that only I
ran into?)

First one that I have heard of.

These problems appear to be a failure of the electronic control panel
since there is no way the solenoid gets power unless the panel is doing
that

Certainly sounds likely!

but I cannot get a straight answer from Sears about whether there
was an extended warranty

What does your bill of sale say? The use & care manual should also
indicate if the electronic control had a longer warranty than other
items did.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/