Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Liquid Ceramic instead of paint.....

Instead of painting with paint, has anyone used Liquid Ceramic? Seems
to be a big radio advertising campaign in my area. My house needs
painting. Just wondering if anyone has used it.....thought about getting
an estimate. I think the costs is in line with vinyl siding....ie 3x
paint price.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

I would leery of any product that claimed to be a Liquid Ceramic any more
than a Liquid Steel or Liquid Glass. It is a brand name of a paint, of which
quality is an unknown, and probably at the best, no better than the top line
of any top brand, at the worst a ripoff.

"B.Creech" wrote in message
Instead of painting with paint, has anyone used Liquid Ceramic? Seems to
be a big radio advertising campaign in my area. My house needs painting.
Just wondering if anyone has used it.....thought about getting an
estimate. I think the costs is in line with vinyl siding....ie 3x paint
price.

Posted to alt.home.repair

B.Creech writes:

Just wondering if anyone has used it.....thought about getting
an estimate.

Don't be a fool. It is a swindle, boob bait for suckers. Ordinary paint
with fumed silica thickener. This scam has been running for decades.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cab%2Do%2Dsil
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not a fool......not going to pay 3x painting price for anything to go on
my house......except maybe bricks. However, the ad makes you
wonder..... http://liquid-ceramic.com/
Richard J Kinch wrote:
B.Creech writes:

Just wondering if anyone has used it.....thought about getting
an estimate.

Don't be a fool. It is a swindle, boob bait for suckers. Ordinary paint
with fumed silica thickener. This scam has been running for decades.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cab%2Do%2Dsil

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am an architect and owner of Liquid-Ceramic Carolinas, Inc.. My
introduction to Liquid Ceramic was through my brother Tom Alsop, the
president of Liquid Ceramic International, who had asked me for some
thoughts on how an architect would view this product.
I was extremely skeptical of the claims, and the homework I did
following that meeting caused me to have concern that he had gotten in
over his head. The industry seemed to be a repository for those
looking for a quick buck and there was little or no information on what
these products contained.
Putting the competitors aside, I began doing my homework on Liquid
Ceramic, a product manufactured by Environcoat Technologies in Canada
whose parent company is traded on the Toronto stock exchange. What I
found proved that this coating was in fact different, and far and away
better protection for your home than the paper thin coating of paint
that most folks apply to their homes. I met with the management of the
company, obtained the test reports and began to put together a picture
of a product that really made sense.
For a long term coating to work, it has to breathe, stretch and take an
impact, among other characteristics. And all of these had to be in
balance. The website, www.Liquid-Ceramic.com goes into more detail,
but the bottom line is that the formulation created by Dr. Fred Benz is
the best that I have seen, and I have over thirty years in the
architectural profession on projects ranging from nuclear power plants
to the 160 condos in Charleston, SC where Liquid Ceramic was applied
this past year.
I have personally trained over 50 painting contractors to be
applicators of Liquid Ceramic in the Raleigh, Greensboro and Charleston
areas and have kept the best of those as our subcontractors to apply
the material for our company. We have a full time staff and a
commitment to stand behind our work.
In Raleigh, NC you can call 919-878-8339 to speak to Mary Ann for more
information, or write me at , or respond to
this note.
Richard Alsop

Posted to alt.home.repair

Richard writes:

What I
found proved that this coating was in fact different, and far and away
better protection for your home than the paper thin coating of paint
that most folks apply to their homes.

You write a lot of filthy spam without a single concrete claim to back up
the baloney. Quite appropriate for paint that is just fluffed up with
fumed silica.

Name a specific, testable, quantitative property that is superior.

Name a single ingredient that is not found in "ordinary" paint, other than
the fumed silica.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just what is Ceramic, basicly glass that has been made at extremely
high temperatures. House paints need to expand and contract or they wont
last a year, a deceptive name, Liquid Ceramic, just as I feel the
product is. Also an overpiced, product line , If I was to trust a
company and a warranty It would be from a company that is realy in the
paint business, a long time, and has backed their products already with
me. There are many real paint companys, but Sherwin Williams has
cheaper longer lasting paints with a better warranty than any thick
film build gunk. Lets not forget all colors fade, im sure your liquid
siding won`t cover complete color retention, or compete on comparison
testing.