Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard Richard is offline

Default Liquid Ceramic instead of paint.....

I am an architect and owner of Liquid-Ceramic Carolinas, Inc.. My
introduction to Liquid Ceramic was through my brother Tom Alsop, the
president of Liquid Ceramic International, who had asked me for some
thoughts on how an architect would view this product.
I was extremely skeptical of the claims, and the homework I did
following that meeting caused me to have concern that he had gotten in
over his head. The industry seemed to be a repository for those
looking for a quick buck and there was little or no information on what
these products contained.
Putting the competitors aside, I began doing my homework on Liquid
Ceramic, a product manufactured by Environcoat Technologies in Canada
whose parent company is traded on the Toronto stock exchange. What I
found proved that this coating was in fact different, and far and away
better protection for your home than the paper thin coating of paint
that most folks apply to their homes. I met with the management of the
company, obtained the test reports and began to put together a picture
of a product that really made sense.
For a long term coating to work, it has to breathe, stretch and take an
impact, among other characteristics. And all of these had to be in
balance. The website, www.Liquid-Ceramic.com goes into more detail,
but the bottom line is that the formulation created by Dr. Fred Benz is
the best that I have seen, and I have over thirty years in the
architectural profession on projects ranging from nuclear power plants
to the 160 condos in Charleston, SC where Liquid Ceramic was applied
this past year.
I have personally trained over 50 painting contractors to be
applicators of Liquid Ceramic in the Raleigh, Greensboro and Charleston
areas and have kept the best of those as our subcontractors to apply
the material for our company. We have a full time staff and a
commitment to stand behind our work.
In Raleigh, NC you can call 919-878-8339 to speak to Mary Ann for more
information, or write me at , or respond to
this note.
Richard Alsop