Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary Dyrkacz Gary Dyrkacz is offline

Default Liquid Ceramic instead of paint.....

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 06:35:11 -0500, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Just what is Ceramic, basicly glass that has been made at extremely
high temperatures.

Well, ceramic is a lot more than just "glass" these high tech days.
There are some low temperature curing ceramics ( sol-gels). If you
mean glass as in silica, this is only one class of ceramics. If the
"ceramic" ingrediant is really only fumed silica, I would agree that
using the word ceramic for this paint pushes the definition quite a
bit.

House paints need to expand and contract or they wont
last a year, a deceptive name, Liquid Ceramic, just as I feel the
product is. Also an overpiced, product line , If I was to trust a
company and a warranty It would be from a company that is realy in the
paint business, a long time, and has backed their products already with
me. There are many real paint companys, but Sherwin Williams has
cheaper longer lasting paints with a better warranty than any thick
film build gunk. Lets not forget all colors fade, im sure your liquid
siding won`t cover complete color retention, or compete on comparison
testing.