Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Jiffy-Lube Crooks

I lost the url of the site that had all the criminal activity of
Jiffy-Lube.
Anyone have it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ube+complaints

--
Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven's Current Weather
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...er+Haven+33881
"JimL" wrote in message

I lost the url of the site that had all the criminal activity of
Jiffy-Lube.
Anyone have it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"JimL" wrote in message

I lost the url of the site that had all the criminal activity of
Jiffy-Lube.
Anyone have it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.nbc4.tv/mechanicinvestiga...49/detail.html
I am so POd. I just went there the other day and the guy behind the desk
was verbally abusive and demeaning. I have a feeling I was cheated, but
can't prove it.
Learn from me, folks, don't go to Jiffy Lube. They are terrible !!!

I have a lift at the house and normally change my own oil..but the
wifes Van is a pain because the ceiling in my garage is not high
enough to let me put the van completely up in the air...

So I have used my local Jiffy Lube for the van a few times...mostly in
the winter and I think each "store" is a franchise owned by an
individual...

Therefore I would NOT say that ALL Jiffy Lubes are
Terrible.. Have no problem at my local one..

Bob G.
Posted to alt.home.repair
DAC DAC is offline

Marina wrote:
I am so POd. I just went there the other day and the guy behind the desk
was verbally abusive and demeaning. I have a feeling I was cheated, but
can't prove it.
Learn from me, folks, don't go to Jiffy Lube. They are terrible !!!

Just because you got a clerk with an attitude, doesn't mean all Jiffy
Lubes are terrible. Our local store is quite comptitive for basic oil
changes if you get in on the early bird special ($20). But if you
have anything done like belts, filters etc...hang on...you'll be going
for a ride....

Sorry you had a crummy experience.

DAC

Posted to alt.home.repair

Marina wrote:
"Jim McLaughlin" jim.mclaughlin wrote in news:NLedndZ-
:

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html

http://www.nbc4.tv/mechanicinvestiga...49/detail.html
I am so POd. I just went there the other day and the guy behind the desk
was verbally abusive and demeaning. I have a feeling I was cheated, but
can't prove it.
Learn from me, folks, don't go to Jiffy Lube. They are terrible !!!

I'm a lazy guy, have all the tools and know-how but get my oil changed.
lazy sod!

I have had good luck at the valvoline chain.

dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

They have been pulling the "Dirty oil trick" since the day they opened,
over 20 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have had good luck at the valvoline chain.

dave

I've also had good luck with the Valvoline chain. Not the cheapest,
tho'. What I like about them is you stay in your car and they get
right to work. If you have to pay for the convenience factor, it's
nice to actually get the convenience. I just really wish they had them
in my area.

Jiffy Lube is simply awful. I can change my own oil with a pair of
ramps considerably faster and than they can and at less cost. Most of
the time I sit in a dingy waiting room for 90 minutes with three guys
hanging out in the shop floor chatting and one of them kind of doing
something that only slightly resembles work.

Then they give you the check sheet with all the extranious items
everything checked and absolutely nothing done. I've never once had
them top off my washer fluid, lube my door hinges, or check my tire
pressure.

I wrote a letter to their corporate offices and they responded by
sending me a $5.00 off coupon. It was simply insulting. There's
certain companies that have no business being in business. Jiffy Lube
is one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trbo20" wrote in message
I can change my own oil with a pair of
ramps considerably faster and than they can and at less cost.

I used to be able to do that. After buying my '91 Regal, I gave up and
found it infinitely easier to pay $20 or so. Getting to the filter was a
real PITA. Three cars (and a few years) later I still find it easier to
pay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"trbo20" wrote in message
I can change my own oil with a pair of
ramps considerably faster and than they can and at less cost.

I used to be able to do that. After buying my '91 Regal, I gave up and
found it infinitely easier to pay $20 or so. Getting to the filter was a
real PITA. Three cars (and a few years) later I still find it easier to
pay.

It may be easier to pay, but you don't get all the benefit of a good DIY
job. I always take the opportunity to inspect CV joint/ball joint boots,
suspension components, brake lines, etc. during the few minutes the oil
is draining. Of course it's easy on my truck since I can roll under it
on the creeper without having to jack or ramp anything.

Pete C.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"trbo20" wrote in message
I can change my own oil with a pair of
ramps considerably faster and than they can and at less cost.

I used to be able to do that. After buying my '91 Regal, I gave up
and found it infinitely easier to pay $20 or so. Getting to the
filter was a real PITA. Three cars (and a few years) later I still
find it easier to pay.

The silver bullet for that is to use the filters with the rubbery grip on the
base. My wife's Lexus has the filter in a HORRIBLE place if you have to use any
kind of wrench on it, but it's no trouble at all if you can just reach up from
below and loosen it with your hand.

I had to get the first one off by driving a screwdriver through it so I could
get it started, but every one since then has been no trouble at all.

For me doing the change myself allows me to use the savings for synthetics or
synthetic blends (plus I know the drain plug isn't going to be left on the road
some where).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18 Jul 2006 13:34:51 -0700, "trbo20" wrote:

Then they give you the check sheet with all the extranious items
everything checked and absolutely nothing done. I've never once had
them top off my washer fluid, lube my door hinges, or check my tire
pressure.

Thats funny. Exactly the oposite here. Everytime I go to the Jiffy
lube I always say "Dont put air in the tires!", and every time they
do.

I then drive home and let out the 10 lbs of over pressure that they
always put in.

Dickm
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, I'll try there next time. I just saw a sign in their window. I
forget the exact words, but it meant they are good with customer service +
they don't try and force other services on you that you don't want.

The only thing I've ever seen there that seemed a little shadey was the
special "Old Car" oil change that used special "Old Car Oil".
Something for cars over 100k miles. Who knows, it might have been
legit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I used to be able to do that. After buying my '91 Regal, I gave up and
found it infinitely easier to pay $20 or so. Getting to the filter was a
real PITA. Three cars (and a few years) later I still find it easier to
pay.

Don't misunderstand me. An oil change place *could* do it much faster
than me, and it *should* be easier. The case is that they don't, and
it's not. My wife went to Jiffy Lube last year to get her car done and
It literally took her 90 minutes from door to door. They also pulled
the "need a flush" scam on her. She came back all worried about it.

With parts purchases, the change, giving the car a once-over, used oil
disposal, and cleanup, I can do everything in just under an hour. I
buy a half-dozen filters at once and get the good Mobil 1 synthetic oil
by the case from Costco at a great price. I store the old oil in the
same bottles the new oil came in and run it to a disposal site about
once a year.

With these time-saving measures, my changes go pretty fast. It also
doesn't hurt that my car's filter is easily accessible and my wife and
I both drive the same model year. If I had to go someplace to do it, I
think I would go to Sears at the local mall. They're neither fast or
cheap, but at least with them, I can go hang out at Chili's and have
a beer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18 Jul 2006 13:34:51 -0700, "trbo20" wrote:

Then they give you the check sheet with all the extranious items
everything checked and absolutely nothing done. I've never once had
them top off my washer fluid, lube my door hinges, or check my tire
pressure.

I used to have a Nissan Pulsar in which the valve/pump for the
windshield washer fluid was mounted on the base of the fluid jug. Over
time, the pump unit rusted and leaked. I always told the Jiffy Lube
guys not to put any fluid in there as it would only leak out. I was
usually told "You probably don't use it and it evaporates" and they
would fill the jug and it would drip out for the next day.

One day when I was working on the engine, I removed the jug. The next
time I went to Jiffy Lube, the guy was going over the check sheet and
noting all the things that had been done. When he hit 'filled
windshield washer fluid', I stopped him. Asked where they put it,
since there is no jug. He got very embarressed and went back out into
the work area. Came back and said, well, you know, sometimes the guys
get in a hurry and check off stuff that wasn't done. I then asked what
else on the sheet was checked that wasn't done? He didn't offer any
kind of discount or deal to make up for his employees lack of
attention. I quit going there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:02:52 -0500, JimL wrote:

:
: I lost the url of the site that had all the criminal activity of
:Jiffy-Lube.
: Anyone have it?
:
Looks like the one you want might be:

http://www.jiffylubeproblems.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

LOL. Awesome story, John. Thanks for sharing.

You know what the irony is? I would have been a lot happier if they
just didn't give me the damn sheet in the first place. Don't give me a
list of everything you could have done but chose not to, and then tell
me you did it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You know what the irony is? I would have been a lot happier if they
just didn't give me the damn sheet in the first place. Don't give me a
list of everything you could have done but chose not to, and then tell
me you did it.

And I love when the car rides like a truck after you leave and when you
check the tire pressure, they inflated two or three of the tires to 65
pounds.

roller-chain lube Frank Thompson Home Repair 10 April 28th 06 05:53 AM
Unisaw lube? David Woodworking 14 January 9th 05 04:43 PM
stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube Veggie Home Repair 11 August 31st 04 11:09 PM
stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube Veggie Home Ownership 9 August 31st 04 11:09 PM