Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Jiffy-Lube Crooks

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"trbo20" wrote in message
I can change my own oil with a pair of
ramps considerably faster and than they can and at less cost.

I used to be able to do that. After buying my '91 Regal, I gave up and
found it infinitely easier to pay $20 or so. Getting to the filter was a
real PITA. Three cars (and a few years) later I still find it easier to
pay.

It may be easier to pay, but you don't get all the benefit of a good DIY
job. I always take the opportunity to inspect CV joint/ball joint boots,
suspension components, brake lines, etc. during the few minutes the oil
is draining. Of course it's easy on my truck since I can roll under it
on the creeper without having to jack or ramp anything.

Pete C.