Posted to alt.home.repair
trbo20 trbo20 is offline

Default Jiffy-Lube Crooks

I have had good luck at the valvoline chain.

dave

I've also had good luck with the Valvoline chain. Not the cheapest,
tho'. What I like about them is you stay in your car and they get
right to work. If you have to pay for the convenience factor, it's
nice to actually get the convenience. I just really wish they had them
in my area.

Jiffy Lube is simply awful. I can change my own oil with a pair of
ramps considerably faster and than they can and at less cost. Most of
the time I sit in a dingy waiting room for 90 minutes with three guys
hanging out in the shop floor chatting and one of them kind of doing
something that only slightly resembles work.

Then they give you the check sheet with all the extranious items
everything checked and absolutely nothing done. I've never once had
them top off my washer fluid, lube my door hinges, or check my tire
pressure.

I wrote a letter to their corporate offices and they responded by
sending me a $5.00 off coupon. It was simply insulting. There's
certain companies that have no business being in business. Jiffy Lube
is one.