Posted to alt.home.repair
terry

Default Maytag refrigerator won't stay cold ++ emergency++

Can anyone help. My mother has a freezer (top) frig (below)
The freezer and frig were not staying cold. we cleaned all ince and
took everything out of the freezer. We finaly got it to work.

the frig however is not staying cold. The light that shows what temp
the frig is will not light up. the icemaker temp readiing is lit. Ice
is being made and freezeris fine. there is some water leaking out of
the bottom of the frig. this is about 5 yrs. old

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

terry wrote:
Can anyone help. My mother has a freezer (top) frig (below)
The freezer and frig were not staying cold. we cleaned all ince and
took everything out of the freezer. We finaly got it to work.

the frig however is not staying cold. The light that shows what temp
the frig is will not light up. the icemaker temp readiing is lit. Ice
is being made and freezeris fine. there is some water leaking out of
the bottom of the frig. this is about 5 yrs. old

Hard to say from here. Someone may have a better idea, but the only
thing that comes to my mind is some ice blockage in the internal air vents.
The only fix is to allow the whole thing to totally warm up to room
temperature, but of course you will not have a working frig for maybe 8-16
hours. You might find a neighbor to hold your food while you give that a
try, or call the repairperson.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
mrkool

Hey Terry,

If there is a grille/vent at the bottom, take it off and shine a
flashlight
under to see if the condenser coil is clogged, if so, take a vacuum
with a pointed nozzle and suck up the muck and hair and dirt, but
be careful and don't bother the timer or any wires and don't bend the
coil or coil wires.

But if the coils are in the back of the fridge/freezer, then vacumm
them
if they're dirty also, but that probably won't fix your problem.

mrkool

terry wrote:
Can anyone help. My mother has a freezer (top) frig (below)
The freezer and frig were not staying cold. we cleaned all ince and
took everything out of the freezer. We finaly got it to work.

the frig however is not staying cold. The light that shows what temp
the frig is will not light up. the icemaker temp readiing is lit. Ice
is being made and freezeris fine. there is some water leaking out of
the bottom of the frig. this is about 5 yrs. old

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks,

we unplugged the frig and let it sit over night. It seemed to work
fine the next day but today the freezer is at 27 or so, so, I suppose
there is more to it than I would like to think.

Terry

cold water air-lock ian UK diy 2 December 11th 05 02:48 AM
Maytag Washer PAV2300AWW Water Valve Bruce Home Repair 4 October 16th 05 11:53 PM
power shower problems mp UK diy 15 May 14th 05 03:35 PM
central heating problem.. radiators stay cold Martin UK diy 4 February 16th 05 10:53 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM