Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Maytag refrigerator won't stay cold ++ emergency++

terry wrote:
Can anyone help. My mother has a freezer (top) frig (below)
The freezer and frig were not staying cold. we cleaned all ince and
took everything out of the freezer. We finaly got it to work.

the frig however is not staying cold. The light that shows what temp
the frig is will not light up. the icemaker temp readiing is lit. Ice
is being made and freezeris fine. there is some water leaking out of
the bottom of the frig. this is about 5 yrs. old

Hard to say from here. Someone may have a better idea, but the only
thing that comes to my mind is some ice blockage in the internal air vents.
The only fix is to allow the whole thing to totally warm up to room
temperature, but of course you will not have a working frig for maybe 8-16
hours. You might find a neighbor to hold your food while you give that a
try, or call the repairperson.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit