Posted to alt.home.repair
mrkool

Default Maytag refrigerator won't stay cold ++ emergency++

Hey Terry,

If there is a grille/vent at the bottom, take it off and shine a
flashlight
under to see if the condenser coil is clogged, if so, take a vacuum
with a pointed nozzle and suck up the muck and hair and dirt, but
be careful and don't bother the timer or any wires and don't bend the
coil or coil wires.

But if the coils are in the back of the fridge/freezer, then vacumm
them
if they're dirty also, but that probably won't fix your problem.

mrkool

terry wrote:
Can anyone help. My mother has a freezer (top) frig (below)
The freezer and frig were not staying cold. we cleaned all ince and
took everything out of the freezer. We finaly got it to work.

the frig however is not staying cold. The light that shows what temp
the frig is will not light up. the icemaker temp readiing is lit. Ice
is being made and freezeris fine. there is some water leaking out of
the bottom of the frig. this is about 5 yrs. old