BigWallop

Default how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return

"Francis" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Francis" wrote in message
Hello,

The good people at Baxi sent me a set of instructions for my Ma's Baxi
Bermuda 552.

"c) in a fully pumped system the cold feed pipe may be connected to

the
flow
pipe, 6 inches away from the vent pipe (close coupled), but there must
always be a cold water path to the boilers return connection."

The following has me puzzled

*** but there must always be a cold water path to the boilers return
connection ***

If I stick the cold feed in the flow, how do I ensure there is a cold

water
path to the boilers return?

Francis

It means that the header tank feed should be fitted to the return side

of
the boiler, as this has no valves which would prevent the whole system
filling, that is even if you have the pump on the return side, and that

in
the event of the system over heating is has an easy path to vent off to.

Why they have worded it this way is to give the installer options of

feeding
the system with water, but tells them that there should always be an
unrestricted on vent off.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

But it says I can put the cold feed in the flow?!

Francis

True, but (there's always a but) it also says, as you typed, "but there must
always be a cold water path to the boilers return connection" which to me
says that there must always be a cold water path to the return on the
boilers connection.

It's in the wording (?) What is meant is that there can be feed connections
to both the flow and return if you so wish, but there must always be a cold
water path to the return on the boilers connection. This would allow you to
put a combined feed and vent directly on the boilers flow pipe, but it would
have to be before any valves or pumps were fitted to that side of the
boiler, but you must install a cold water path to the boilers return
connection.

Well I'm more confused now, I don't know about you. :-))

---