Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Guay

Default Above ground pool question

Our house has an above ground round pool, surrounded by a deck. I just
opened it up this weekend. I was surprised that it was losing water after I
filled it. After an inspection it appears to have several small leaks in
the liner. The outside of the pool is metal and water can be seen coming
through it. It's not rusted and only one of the leaks is actually
"squirting out", on the rest the water comes out and runs down the outside
of the pool, giving the skin a wet appearance.

Can I just change the liner? With these small holes in the metal, does the
whole pool have to be replaced? Should I patch the holes in the metal after
I remove the liner? Any liner recommendations?

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen

"Jeff Guay" writes:

Our house has an above ground round pool, surrounded by a deck. I just
opened it up this weekend. I was surprised that it was losing water after I
filled it. After an inspection it appears to have several small leaks in
the liner. The outside of the pool is metal and water can be seen coming
through it. It's not rusted and only one of the leaks is actually
"squirting out", on the rest the water comes out and runs down the outside
of the pool, giving the skin a wet appearance.

Can I just change the liner? With these small holes in the metal, does the
whole pool have to be replaced? Should I patch the holes in the metal after
I remove the liner? Any liner recommendations?

The liner can be patched or replaced, thats up to you.

I don't understand the holes in the metal.
Is this pool very old or did someone shoot your pool?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Guay

We've been in the house three years, and the previous owners said they
bought the pool used. If someone's shooting the pool it must be with pencil
leads, the hole is smaller than that. I'm wondering if the inside of the
metal is rusted?
I noticed they sell wall foam to go behind the liner. I thought that might
help save the liner.

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Jeff Guay" writes:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
ronm

Sounds like the pool is rusting out. I had that happen once. I patched the
spots with sheet metal which worked for a year or so. Eventually the whole
wall blew out. Thats a lot of water . Luckily it blew out on the side away
from our neighbours house and since our soil is sandy was absorbed quickly.
I would recommend replacing the pool if its rusting in more than one spot.

news