Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Guay

Default Above ground pool question

Our house has an above ground round pool, surrounded by a deck. I just
opened it up this weekend. I was surprised that it was losing water after I
filled it. After an inspection it appears to have several small leaks in
the liner. The outside of the pool is metal and water can be seen coming
through it. It's not rusted and only one of the leaks is actually
"squirting out", on the rest the water comes out and runs down the outside
of the pool, giving the skin a wet appearance.

Can I just change the liner? With these small holes in the metal, does the
whole pool have to be replaced? Should I patch the holes in the metal after
I remove the liner? Any liner recommendations?

Thanks,
Jeff