Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

snow

Default Help:above ground pool liner problem

A small 1 foot section of my above ground pool liner has
come disconnected to the metal frame....it appears to be from frost heave.
We have had several periods of unsual warm tempatures followed by very cold
temperatures in January. I called a local dealer and they said I have to
wait until spring ( I live in Maine) and I will be lucky if I can save the
pool. They said I have a chance after the ground thaws to reconnect the
liner to the frame, but that is not ceratin. The pool is just 2.5 years old.
Anyways, I am looking for a second opinion. Anyone with a smiliar problem,
I would appreciate advice/comments.

Lucy

"snow" wrote in message
A small 1 foot section of my above ground pool liner has
come disconnected to the metal frame....it appears to be from frost heave.
We have had several periods of unsual warm tempatures followed by very
cold
temperatures in January. I called a local dealer and they said I have to
wait until spring ( I live in Maine) and I will be lucky if I can save the
pool. They said I have a chance after the ground thaws to reconnect the
liner to the frame, but that is not ceratin. The pool is just 2.5 years
old.
Anyways, I am looking for a second opinion. Anyone with a smiliar problem,
I would appreciate advice/comments.

Good luck..
I asked a question about our above ground pool here about a week ago, and
still no response from anyone.
I don't know if the post was overlooked, or if nobody out there knows the
answer.
I was asking for tips on how to winterize the pool. The local pool store
said to leave the pump running 24/7 all winter. We are not wanting to do
that. The thing was mainly a whim, for the kids who can't get in the
in-ground pool yet.. and we weren't wanting to dig a second kiddie pool.
What do you do with regards to the pump during winter?
Thanks,
lucy

artinist

you will most likely have to disconnect the lines that go to the pump
and drain the pump if you live in a cold area. if its cold enough for
the water in the pump or the lines to freeze, the expansion will
rupture the pump and the lines.

another thing to keep in mind is that with most of these above ground
pools for some reason are not desinged to last long at all. we got one
of the ones with a blow-up ring at the top from costco. its real nice
but the major problem with it is that the water lines going to the pump
which are exposed to the ouside elements are not made of a material to
resist the sun. in a matter of few months, the lines became totally
brittle and shattered under their own weight.

the manual didn't say anything about the need to protect them from the
sun.