Posted to alt.home.repair
susan

Default lifetime granite sealer

We recently had a granite countertop installed - unfortunately the island
slab had a gouge and 2 scratches. I complained to the installer and they
have tried to repair these. The surface of their repair is smooth but I
can see the impressions below the surface where the repair was made - the
area is dipping & dented but covered by sealer. I complained again and
they said they will try to repair - but all I can see is the problem
growing in size as a larger indentation is made & then covered again by
sealer. Can anyone advise what can be done to solve this problem ???
They have told me they can no longer obtain the silver pearl granite they
have supplied and are unwilling to repair the whole top surface as they
claim this is too labor intensive. I would be grateful for any help.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT

The only way to get it totally flat again is to machine polish it again,
this is done by the original supplier not the local assembler and installer.
Hand polishing will not be smooth but will undulate all over the surface. If
you love the stone, try to get a major discount for the damages and ignore
the dips. If you can't stand the dips, shop for more stone at the
wholesalers, they get new batches in all the time. We waited for 6 months to
get the perfect shade of Uba Tuba granite. Then have them remake the top
from the new stone. If you cannot match the type you have installed
elsewhere in the kitchen, go for a new top in a contrasting colour, this is
all the rage now anyway.

news:37753a1cc4da31e0fb72a5bd3ad1c6ed@homerepairli ve.com...