Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Gavin

Default Stucco maintenance question

Our stucco house is about three years old and there are hairline + width
cracks in places.

What's the best way of dealing with these? Use a caulk gun to squeeze some
grout, or whatever, into them? Is there a special grout for this?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Caulk would be better than grout because the cracks will likely move a
little in the future, you can really only patch at the surface of a hairline
crack. Are they along the line of the foundation. I have a line at the top
and bottom of the sill plate, which is very common in No. CA earthquake
country. Use latex painters caulk (like Alex plus) and rub it in with a
wet rag or finger then paint over it.

If it were bigger you should use a stucco mix as a patch, quickcrete makes a
small bag with fiberglass reinforcement mixed in.

"Kurt Gavin" wrote in message
.net...
Our stucco house is about three years old and there are hairline + width
cracks in places.

What's the best way of dealing with these? Use a caulk gun to squeeze some
grout, or whatever, into them? Is there a special grout for this?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Mon, 08 May 2006 18:55:19 GMT, "Kurt Gavin"
wrote:

Our stucco house is about three years old and there are hairline + width
cracks in places.

What's the best way of dealing with these? Use a caulk gun to squeeze some
grout, or whatever, into them? Is there a special grout for this?

Thanks

I've never in my entire life gotten any grout from a caulk gun.

HD, tile section has a small container of stucco mix, pre-mixed...get
a quart. Hands and fingers work well for me, put some on and
blend/feather in the cracks.....never over do it.

I also use a "sealer" - some can cover hairline cracks, DAP
elastomeric caulk applied with a fine tip works well (blend into
stucco texture). prime and paint.

Oren

excused from saving Universes."

Ipe vs Cedar vs Composite - deck maintenance mfreak Home Repair 11 December 15th 05 04:30 PM
Snowblower maintenance question Les Wilson Home Repair 2 October 30th 05 08:09 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Liquid Siding and Liquid Stucco websoulsurfer Home Ownership 0 November 16th 04 06:31 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM