Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default Stucco maintenance question

On Mon, 08 May 2006 18:55:19 GMT, "Kurt Gavin"
wrote:

Our stucco house is about three years old and there are hairline + width
cracks in places.

What's the best way of dealing with these? Use a caulk gun to squeeze some
grout, or whatever, into them? Is there a special grout for this?

Thanks

I've never in my entire life gotten any grout from a caulk gun.

HD, tile section has a small container of stucco mix, pre-mixed...get
a quart. Hands and fingers work well for me, put some on and
blend/feather in the cracks.....never over do it.

I also use a "sealer" - some can cover hairline cracks, DAP
elastomeric caulk applied with a fine tip works well (blend into
stucco texture). prime and paint.

Oren

excused from saving Universes."