Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Stucco maintenance question

Caulk would be better than grout because the cracks will likely move a
little in the future, you can really only patch at the surface of a hairline
crack. Are they along the line of the foundation. I have a line at the top
and bottom of the sill plate, which is very common in No. CA earthquake
country. Use latex painters caulk (like Alex plus) and rub it in with a
wet rag or finger then paint over it.

If it were bigger you should use a stucco mix as a patch, quickcrete makes a
small bag with fiberglass reinforcement mixed in.

"Kurt Gavin" wrote in message
.net...
Our stucco house is about three years old and there are hairline + width
cracks in places.

What's the best way of dealing with these? Use a caulk gun to squeeze some
grout, or whatever, into them? Is there a special grout for this?

Thanks