Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertM

Default Lennox Air Handler Noise

Installation of 13HPD heat pump and CB26UH air handler completed
yesterday. The air handler motor has the expected hum but somewhere in
the system is a higher pitched noise. I'm thinking possibly fan bearing
or maybe resonance in the ductwork. Installer said noises were normal,
but the high pitched noise is so irritating that I shut the system down
last night and went back to using the space heaters so I could get some
sleep. Is the Lennox an inherently noisier system than others? After
spending $6000, I'm not entirely happy with the system. Installer says
it's not his problem. Should I contact Lennox or is this as good as it
gets with this type of system?

Bob

air handler noise idreos Home Repair 3 November 12th 05 04:12 PM
Lennox Air Handler CB51MV Feeder Breakers Ron Home Repair 0 October 20th 05 02:56 AM
Help - Monitor making high pitched noise BW Electronics Repair 10 July 29th 05 10:30 PM
Expected Noise Level of Various Air Conditioners [email protected] Home Repair 15 June 16th 05 04:30 PM
help me figure out this noise Michael Dauria Home Repair 3 April 21st 05 02:02 PM