Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertM

Default Lennox Air Handler Noise

Installation of 13HPD heat pump and CB26UH air handler completed
yesterday. The air handler motor has the expected hum but somewhere in
the system is a higher pitched noise. I'm thinking possibly fan bearing
or maybe resonance in the ductwork. Installer said noises were normal,
but the high pitched noise is so irritating that I shut the system down
last night and went back to using the space heaters so I could get some
sleep. Is the Lennox an inherently noisier system than others? After
spending $6000, I'm not entirely happy with the system. Installer says
it's not his problem. Should I contact Lennox or is this as good as it
gets with this type of system?

Bob