Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Lennox Air Handler Noise

"RobertM" wrote in message
Installation of 13HPD heat pump and CB26UH air handler completed
yesterday. The air handler motor has the expected hum but somewhere in
the system is a higher pitched noise. I'm thinking possibly fan bearing
or maybe resonance in the ductwork. Installer said noises were normal,
but the high pitched noise is so irritating that I shut the system down
last night and went back to using the space heaters so I could get some
sleep. Is the Lennox an inherently noisier system than others? After
spending $6000, I'm not entirely happy with the system. Installer says
it's not his problem. Should I contact Lennox or is this as good as it
gets with this type of system?

Bob

You spent 6k and your going to let the guy tell you it is normal? I would
be on the phone to him and have the owner back out and work it out. Your
warranty is with the installer first. Lennox will just tell you to call the
guy that put it in.

Air movement noises are normal. High pitched "sounds", are not.
Guessing where the problem is impossible.
Did you or the installer put in the old filter?