Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Epoxy putty vs. ABS/a progress report

Well, the last couple of days was

I glopped on ACE two element epoxy to some ABS pipe where I was having a
leak, and let it set a couple of days while I went quail hunting. The
weather was good, the quail cooperated and sacrificed their lives to the
Great White Hunter. Starry clear nights on the Nevada/California border
west of Searchlight.

I pressurized the solar heater system this morning with the questionable ABS
connection.

So far, so good. It has been running all day, and no leak. That doesn't
mean that it won't start leaking tomorrow, though. It looks like we
hopefully are finished with freezing night time temperatures, having about
ten degrees above normal temps.

Anyhoo, the two part epoxy is holding on ABS.

Doesn't someone owe me a quail, and where can I pick it up?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bishoop

snip

Doesn't someone owe me a quail, and where can I pick it up?

Steve

Next time you're in Lady Lake, Florida, stop by and I'll have it waiting for
you.

I hope it continues to hold for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Bishoop" wrote in message
snip

Doesn't someone owe me a quail, and where can I pick it up?

Steve

Next time you're in Lady Lake, Florida, stop by and I'll have it waiting
for you.

I hope it continues to hold for you.

They got quail in Florida?

BobWhites, I guess.

We have Gambel's.

I really don't anticipate it lasting very long. But, I will watch it, and
where it leaks, it is noticeable about three minutes after it starts. I
think next time/leak, I will use some of the JB Fast Weld.

We'll see. This one may hold longer than me.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young

If possible, winding string or wire in the epoxy will often strengthen it
and hold it in place if you have to do it over.
Don Young
"Steve B" wrote in message

"Bishoop" wrote in message
snip

Doesn't someone owe me a quail, and where can I pick it up?

Steve

Next time you're in Lady Lake, Florida, stop by and I'll have it waiting
for you.

I hope it continues to hold for you.

They got quail in Florida?

BobWhites, I guess.

We have Gambel's.

I really don't anticipate it lasting very long. But, I will watch it, and
where it leaks, it is noticeable about three minutes after it starts. I
think next time/leak, I will use some of the JB Fast Weld.

We'll see. This one may hold longer than me.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Don Young" wrote in message
If possible, winding string or wire in the epoxy will often strengthen it
and hold it in place if you have to do it over.
Don Young

Well, thanks. Now you tell me!

I was considering taking some wire screening (light stuff like is in windows
and wrapping it. We'll see how this goes. If it doesn't stick, I figure it
will be about an hour's worth of experience with my new Foredom 2276 to
grind off the old epoxy and do it again. So far today, it's holding. Will
see how day two goes, and for future repairs, I think I'll use mesh and JP
Fast Weld.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bishoop

"Steve B" wrote in message
> [...]

"Bishoop" wrote in message
snip

Doesn't someone owe me a quail, and where can I pick it up?

Steve

Next time you're in Lady Lake, Florida, stop by and I'll have it waiting
for you.

I hope it continues to hold for you.

They got quail in Florida?

BobWhites, I guess.

We have Gambel's.

I really don't anticipate it lasting very long. But, I will watch it, and
where it leaks, it is noticeable about three minutes after it starts. I
think next time/leak, I will use some of the JB Fast Weld.

We'll see. This one may hold longer than me.

Steve

Not sure about quail in Florida. My "hunting" is limited to large mouth
bass.

Let me know in advance when you'll be in the area and I'll order from:

http://www.pheasant.com/store/Script...p?idproduct=10

Good luck....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Bishoop" wrote in

Not sure about quail in Florida. My "hunting" is limited to large mouth
bass.

Let me know in advance when you'll be in the area and I'll order from:

http://www.pheasant.com/store/Script...p?idproduct=10

Good luck....

Thanks for the offer. I used to fish a lot when I lived in Louisiana. Out
in the Atchafalaya Swamp. Great largemouth bass, crappie, bream, and
catfishing.

Here in the desert, I mostly go north and trout fish.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

the google search might be "marine epoxy abs" which brings up such
items as:

http://anchortite.supergluecorp.com/15206.html

and goop at:
http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=108

OT - Global Warming (Was "Lying Liberals.") wmbjk Metalworking 6 June 17th 05 08:11 AM
Buffing? Darren Woodturning 4 October 6th 04 04:56 PM
I want a full refund on my engineer's report Tony Home Ownership 5 April 27th 04 12:01 AM
INSTANT CASH FLOW PROGRAM THAT REALLY WORKS!! Cashflowstoday Home Ownership 0 January 7th 04 09:44 PM
Tubing Roller Progress Report Errol Groff Metalworking 2 November 17th 03 05:20 PM