Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Epoxy putty vs. ABS/a progress report

"Don Young" wrote in message
If possible, winding string or wire in the epoxy will often strengthen it
and hold it in place if you have to do it over.
Don Young

Well, thanks. Now you tell me!

I was considering taking some wire screening (light stuff like is in windows
and wrapping it. We'll see how this goes. If it doesn't stick, I figure it
will be about an hour's worth of experience with my new Foredom 2276 to
grind off the old epoxy and do it again. So far today, it's holding. Will
see how day two goes, and for future repairs, I think I'll use mesh and JP
Fast Weld.

Steve