Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Epoxy putty vs. ABS/a progress report

Well, the last couple of days was

I glopped on ACE two element epoxy to some ABS pipe where I was having a
leak, and let it set a couple of days while I went quail hunting. The
weather was good, the quail cooperated and sacrificed their lives to the
Great White Hunter. Starry clear nights on the Nevada/California border
west of Searchlight.

I pressurized the solar heater system this morning with the questionable ABS
connection.

So far, so good. It has been running all day, and no leak. That doesn't
mean that it won't start leaking tomorrow, though. It looks like we
hopefully are finished with freezing night time temperatures, having about
ten degrees above normal temps.

Anyhoo, the two part epoxy is holding on ABS.

Doesn't someone owe me a quail, and where can I pick it up?

Steve