Posted to alt.home.repair
Redlocks

Default clogged toilet

My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it rises
to a few inches from top. Over the
course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there
is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any
recommendations?

Thanks.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

If a plunger won't do it, try a closet snake. Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bubba

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:18:46 GMT, "Redlocks"
wrote:

My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it rises
to a few inches from top. Over the
course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there
is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any
recommendations?

Thanks.

John

Dont eat so much.
Bubba
Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"Rich Greenberg" wrote in message
In article ,
Redlocks wrote:
My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it

rises
to a few inches from top. Over the
course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there
is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any
recommendations?

A plunger.

Push down slowly then pull up That is the trick a plunger. In future
more Fiber = less Paper

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"Redlocks" wrote in message
.net...
My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it
rises to a few inches from top. Over the
course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there
is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any
recommendations?

Thanks.

John

Sounds like it is full of ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a house full of kids. My favorite new tool for the last few
years is a plunger that has a 10" handle and a 10" accordian pleated
plunger on the other end. It's called the Master Plunger and it does a
great job. Just fill the huge plunger part up with the water in the
bowl and shoot it down the toilet (Yah my favorite job). Y'know I
caught the 3 year old throwing the free end of the toilet paper roll in
the bowl and flushing the toilet "Wheeeee" that does use up the toilet
paper! I've also come in to find him trying to flush an entire bowl of
paper. No that's not going to work.
Richard

Posted to alt.home.repair
unknown

Redlocks wrote:
My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it

rises
to a few inches from top. Over the
course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there
is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any
recommendations?

A plunger.

Push down slowly then pull up That is the trick a plunger. In future
more Fiber = less Paper

Also, http://www.usabidet.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Go to the hardware and purchase a Ridgid closet auger. Ask in the plumbing
section. Also ask the clerk for instructions how to use it. It isn't
intutitive, but once you've used one, it's easy enough.

The $8 one is nearly useless.

While the snake is in the bowl, flush once or twice to rinse the snake.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

.net...