DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   clogged toilet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/134556-clogged-toilet.html)

Redlocks December 6th 05 11:18 PM

clogged toilet

My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it rises
to a few inches from top. Over the
course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there
is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any
recommendations?

Thanks.

John

tom December 6th 05 11:28 PM

clogged toilet

If a plunger won't do it, try a closet snake. Tom

Bubba December 6th 05 11:33 PM

clogged toilet

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:18:46 GMT, "Redlocks"
wrote:

My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it rises
to a few inches from top. Over the
course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there
is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any
recommendations?

Thanks.

John

Dont eat so much.
Bubba

Sacramento Dave December 7th 05 03:14 AM

clogged toilet

"Rich Greenberg" wrote in message
In article ,
Redlocks wrote:
My toilet isn't flushing properly. When water from tank enters bowl it

rises
to a few inches from top. Over the
course of the next hour or so it slowly drains so that there
is only about 2 or 3 inches at the very bottom of the bowl.Any
recommendations?

A plunger.

Push down slowly then pull up That is the trick a plunger. In future
more Fiber = less Paper

Oscar_Lives December 7th 05 03:27 AM

clogged toilet

.net...

Sounds like it is full of ****.

[email protected] December 7th 05 03:53 AM

clogged toilet

I have a house full of kids. My favorite new tool for the last few
years is a plunger that has a 10" handle and a 10" accordian pleated
plunger on the other end. It's called the Master Plunger and it does a
great job. Just fill the huge plunger part up with the water in the
bowl and shoot it down the toilet (Yah my favorite job). Y'know I
caught the 3 year old throwing the free end of the toilet paper roll in
the bowl and flushing the toilet "Wheeeee" that does use up the toilet
paper! I've also come in to find him trying to flush an entire bowl of
paper. No that's not going to work.
Richard

unknown December 7th 05 03:00 PM

clogged toilet

Also, http://www.usabidet.com/

Stormin Mormon December 8th 05 01:20 AM

clogged toilet

Go to the hardware and purchase a Ridgid closet auger. Ask in the plumbing
section. Also ask the clerk for instructions how to use it. It isn't
intutitive, but once you've used one, it's easy enough.

The $8 one is nearly useless.

While the snake is in the bowl, flush once or twice to rinse the snake.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

.net...