Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl King

Default Pool Maintenenance Software

Hi,

I'm looking at pool maintenance software. One is Perfect Pool and Spa's
the other is PoolEase. Anyone have any opinions on either one of these
packages?

Thanks,
Cheryl

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"Cheryl King" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi,

I'm looking at pool maintenance software. One is Perfect Pool and Spa's
the other is PoolEase. Anyone have any opinions on either one of these
packages?

Thanks,
Cheryl

.. I just looked at both there web sights. I think if your new to the
pool world, the first thing to do is find a good pool/spa supply. . There is
nothing to testing your water but some test you can't do with your home test
kits so once a month take in a water sample. I don't see how a computer
program is going to save you money or time. Either way your looking at the
water you tested so why spend more time typing your opinion into a computer.
Some pool and spa places give you a printout . There is also a lot of free
info on pool care on the net. It's really not rocket science. The main I
found with my pool was finding a good supply shop, My neighbors pointed me
in the right direction. The first place I went to was Leslies that was a big
and costly mistake. Are you just looking for some guidance in your pool
care?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

Cheryl King writes:

I'm looking at pool maintenance software. One is Perfect Pool and Spa's
the other is PoolEase. Anyone have any opinions on either one of these
packages?

Computers make hard things easy, and easy things hard.

This is one of the latter.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl King

Basically, I've looked around the net for a couple of years now.
Have looked for manuals to explain the interrelationships between
alkalinity, pH, etc. You're always trying to find the right balance
between what algae/pink slime/black algae you can kill and what alkalinity
your marcite
will take. And if someone throws in a toy that's got algae on it,
before you know it, you're seeing green on the wall.

I find bits and pieces on the web, nothing comprehensive.

When I go to the store, I'm told what I need, no reasoning behind it--you
know, knowledge is power deal. I have to really push for information so
I can be smarter in maintaining the pool.

Used to have a pool as a kid, so I am familiar with maintenance.
This is Florida, so, it's a bit more complicated.

Thanks for your response, though--I appreciate it!

I did download the perfect pool software trial version, and I see that it
will
give me an explanation of why I'm putting in the chemicals also--guess
there's
a maintenance schedule also.

Cheryl

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
et...

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:20:18 GMT, "Cheryl King"
wrote:

Basically, I've looked around the net for a couple of years now.
Have looked for manuals to explain the interrelationships between
alkalinity, pH, etc. You're always trying to find the right balance
between what algae/pink slime/black algae you can kill and what alkalinity
your marcite will take. And if someone throws in a toy that's got algae on it,
before you know it, you're seeing green on the wall.

I find bits and pieces on the web, nothing comprehensive.

Have you tried a local community college? Some offer a pool course.

When I go to the store, I'm told what I need, no reasoning behind it--you
know, knowledge is power deal. I have to really push for information so
I can be smarter in maintaining the pool.

I'm a new pool owner and have followed the local store advice for a
year and have no complaints. Some things I just don't need to know;
the "interrelationships" you mention, is better left to those that
care or want to study them. Me - I wanna swim and enjoy.

Used to have a pool as a kid, so I am familiar with maintenance.
This is Florida, so, it's a bit more complicated.

Of course, rain, rain, sun and more sun.... It's a task to keep them.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 16:22:24 GMT, "Cheryl King"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking at pool maintenance software. One is Perfect Pool and Spa's
the other is PoolEase. Anyone have any opinions on either one of these
packages?

Thanks,
Cheryl

My have had my for almost 40 years now ...and to be honest I only
grab the test kt and do a test maybe one or two times during normal
summers... I use the pool almost daily and can tell by the :feel: or
by the looks of the water if something is not right...BUT when in
doubt I run a sample in to "my" pool store supply company...

Just do not understand the need for any computer program..

Bob G.