Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl King

Default Pool Maintenenance Software

Basically, I've looked around the net for a couple of years now.
Have looked for manuals to explain the interrelationships between
alkalinity, pH, etc. You're always trying to find the right balance
between what algae/pink slime/black algae you can kill and what alkalinity
your marcite
will take. And if someone throws in a toy that's got algae on it,
before you know it, you're seeing green on the wall.

I find bits and pieces on the web, nothing comprehensive.

When I go to the store, I'm told what I need, no reasoning behind it--you
know, knowledge is power deal. I have to really push for information so
I can be smarter in maintaining the pool.

Used to have a pool as a kid, so I am familiar with maintenance.
This is Florida, so, it's a bit more complicated.

Thanks for your response, though--I appreciate it!

I did download the perfect pool software trial version, and I see that it
will
give me an explanation of why I'm putting in the chemicals also--guess
there's
a maintenance schedule also.

Cheryl

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
et...

"Cheryl King" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi,

I'm looking at pool maintenance software. One is Perfect Pool and Spa's
the other is PoolEase. Anyone have any opinions on either one of these
packages?

Thanks,
Cheryl

. I just looked at both there web sights. I think if your new to the
pool world, the first thing to do is find a good pool/spa supply. . There

is
nothing to testing your water but some test you can't do with your home

test
kits so once a month take in a water sample. I don't see how a computer
program is going to save you money or time. Either way your looking at the
water you tested so why spend more time typing your opinion into a

computer.
Some pool and spa places give you a printout . There is also a lot of free
info on pool care on the net. It's really not rocket science. The main I
found with my pool was finding a good supply shop, My neighbors pointed me
in the right direction. The first place I went to was Leslies that was a

big
and costly mistake. Are you just looking for some guidance in your pool
care?