Posted to alt.home.repair
mf

Default Light Timer Instructions?

I've forgotten How to turn on my lights!

I have a wall mouned timer which looks like a 1" dial which one presses as
an on/off OR you rotate and press in a paricular sequence to invoke the
timer mode (2 cycles over 24 hours)
Well the instructions are cleverly printed on a small sticker which was
affixed to the adjacient door jam and now it somhow got torn off.

THis is a fairly common mechanism, but I don't want to buy a new one JUST to
get the directions. (No I don't have the make/model).

Can anyone who recognizes this scant description and is familiiar with the
device either:
A) provide me with a manufacturer's name (so I can ask them) - OR
B) recount the turn/click sequence to reset my device??

Many thanks for your charitable assistance!

regards
Martin

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

mf wrote:
I've forgotten How to turn on my lights!

I have a wall mouned timer which looks like a 1" dial which one
presses as an on/off OR you rotate and press in a paricular sequence
to invoke the timer mode (2 cycles over 24 hours)
Well the instructions are cleverly printed on a small sticker which
was affixed to the adjacient door jam and now it somhow got torn off.

THis is a fairly common mechanism, but I don't want to buy a new one
JUST to get the directions. (No I don't have the make/model).

Can anyone who recognizes this scant description and is familiiar
with the device either:
A) provide me with a manufacturer's name (so I can ask them) - OR
B) recount the turn/click sequence to reset my device??

Many thanks for your charitable assistance!

regards
Martin

If you remove the plastic cover (you will likely need to remove the
round handle first, you should see the manufacturer name and the model
number on the device, hopefully with a UL approval as well. Be careful as
there are live wires close to where you will be looking.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Turn the lever to the off position, then back on. Turn the dial to the time
of day- press the button. Turn the dial to the time lights should turn on-
press the button. Turn the dial to the time lights should go off- press the
button. turn the dial until red LED glows continuously - Done

"mf" wrote in message
I've forgotten How to turn on my lights!

I have a wall mouned timer which looks like a 1" dial which one presses as
an on/off OR you rotate and press in a paricular sequence to invoke the
timer mode (2 cycles over 24 hours)
Well the instructions are cleverly printed on a small sticker which was
affixed to the adjacient door jam and now it somhow got torn off.

THis is a fairly common mechanism, but I don't want to buy a new one JUST
to get the directions. (No I don't have the make/model).

Can anyone who recognizes this scant description and is familiiar with the
device either:
A) provide me with a manufacturer's name (so I can ask them) - OR
B) recount the turn/click sequence to reset my device??

Many thanks for your charitable assistance!

regards
Martin

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

If you turn the dial and switch and nothing happens something is wrong,
try a bulb, and fuse panel. Or its likely broke

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

mf wrote:
I've forgotten How to turn on my lights!

I have a wall mouned timer which looks like a 1" dial which one presses as
an on/off OR you rotate and press in a paricular sequence to invoke the
timer mode (2 cycles over 24 hours)
Well the instructions are cleverly printed on a small sticker which was
affixed to the adjacient door jam and now it somhow got torn off.

THis is a fairly common mechanism, but I don't want to buy a new one JUST to
get the directions. (No I don't have the make/model).

Your description sounds like the Intermatic EJ351. Here's a brief
programming procedu

- Turn switch OFF for 5 seconds to clear memory then turn back ON.
- Turn dial to present time of day and press once.
- Turn dial to desired light on time and press once.
- Turn dial to desired light off time and press once.
- Repeat above two steps if more on/off sequences are needed in a 24
hour period.
- Turn dial past current time of day to go into automatic mode. Press
dial to turn light on or off manually.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 08:08:03 -0800, "mf" wrote:

I've forgotten How to turn on my lights!

I think Bob is right, but in a case like this, you could buy a new
one, copy the instructions, and return the thing to the store. If you
read one thread you know I don't like stealing, but this wouldn't be
that, imho. The cost to the store would be very small.

BTW when I buy something in the welded heavy plastic bubble-packs, and
there is even a remote chance I'd want to return it, I open the
package with a bandsaw, cutting just inside the weld. They can resell
it that way, can't they?

I'm not sure if Iwould mix the two together, sawing the package open
and planning for sure to return it.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Posted to alt.home.repair

No stealing necessary. If you know the model, almost all companies
have pdfs of their manuals online.

Chances are, the make is Intermatic, but it could be Leviton, or
something else. If it's an Intermatic EJ351, like Bob said, the
instructions can be found he

http://www.intermatic.com/images/ins...158ej11589.pdf

If not, you can find the model like Joseph described, or wander around
online looking at pictures until you see one that looks likes yours.
Google "timer switch" and you should find plenty.