Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Light Timer Instructions?

mf wrote:
I've forgotten How to turn on my lights!

I have a wall mouned timer which looks like a 1" dial which one
presses as an on/off OR you rotate and press in a paricular sequence
to invoke the timer mode (2 cycles over 24 hours)
Well the instructions are cleverly printed on a small sticker which
was affixed to the adjacient door jam and now it somhow got torn off.

THis is a fairly common mechanism, but I don't want to buy a new one
JUST to get the directions. (No I don't have the make/model).

Can anyone who recognizes this scant description and is familiiar
with the device either:
A) provide me with a manufacturer's name (so I can ask them) - OR
B) recount the turn/click sequence to reset my device??

Many thanks for your charitable assistance!

regards
Martin

If you remove the plastic cover (you will likely need to remove the
round handle first, you should see the manufacturer name and the model
number on the device, hopefully with a UL approval as well. Be careful as
there are live wires close to where you will be looking.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit