Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Light Timer Instructions?

mf wrote:
I've forgotten How to turn on my lights!

I have a wall mouned timer which looks like a 1" dial which one presses as
an on/off OR you rotate and press in a paricular sequence to invoke the
timer mode (2 cycles over 24 hours)
Well the instructions are cleverly printed on a small sticker which was
affixed to the adjacient door jam and now it somhow got torn off.

THis is a fairly common mechanism, but I don't want to buy a new one JUST to
get the directions. (No I don't have the make/model).

Your description sounds like the Intermatic EJ351. Here's a brief
programming procedu

- Turn switch OFF for 5 seconds to clear memory then turn back ON.
- Turn dial to present time of day and press once.
- Turn dial to desired light on time and press once.
- Turn dial to desired light off time and press once.
- Repeat above two steps if more on/off sequences are needed in a 24
hour period.
- Turn dial past current time of day to go into automatic mode. Press
dial to turn light on or off manually.