Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Default Furnace Fan

My furnace has a high a medium, and a low connection on its blower. I
am wondering which of these is on with the Heat, and which with the A/C?
I heard of two speed, but never of 3. My furnace is rather new and
has an exhaust blower as well.

Im trying to wire in an auxillary blower for the winter months.
Deciding between splicing in to existing 120v wiring, or adding a relay
inside the furnace and splicing into 24v wiring somewhere.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door() into
the sheepfold{}, but climbeth up some other *way, the same is a thief
and a robber."

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD 19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D
Posted to alt.home.repair
T.G. Lambach

Generally, the higher blower speeds are for A/C and the slower ones for
heating.
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

duct switchSwitch,Duct Pressure
Duct Pressure Switch, 24/115/230/277 VAC Grainger Item # 5C968

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...9033&cc item=

Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

buffalobill wrote:
duct switchSwitch,Duct Pressure
Duct Pressure Switch, 24/115/230/277 VAC Grainger Item # 5C968

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...9033&cc item=

Thats nice, and certainly worth consideration.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door() into
the sheepfold{}, but climbeth up some other *way, the same is a thief
and a robber."

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD 19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D
Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
My furnace has a high a medium, and a low connection on its blower. I am
wondering which of these is on with the Heat, and which with the A/C? I
heard of two speed, but never of 3. My furnace is rather new and has an
exhaust blower as well.

3 speeds is old news....been used for years....now 4, or 5 are common, and
with VS units, of course, 16 or more.

Its NOT to get more air into the home..its so that you can during
installation, to overcome or to reach the proper static pressure to maintain
proper operation of the unit.

Normally two speeds are used....the higher of the two for cooling, the lower
for heating.

Im trying to wire in an auxillary blower for the winter months. Deciding
between splicing in to existing 120v wiring, or adding a relay inside the
furnace and splicing into 24v wiring somewhere.

Ummm...why?
If you do that, there is a possibility of effecting your heat rise in a
negative manner.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door() into
the sheepfold{}, but climbeth up some other *way, the same is a thief and
a robber."

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD 19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:01:03 -0500, "CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert"
wrote:

My furnace has a high a medium, and a low connection on its blower. I
am wondering which of these is on with the Heat, and which with the A/C?
I heard of two speed, but never of 3. My furnace is rather new and
has an exhaust blower as well.

Im trying to wire in an auxillary blower for the winter months.
Deciding between splicing in to existing 120v wiring, or adding a relay
inside the furnace and splicing into 24v wiring somewhere.

Where I used to live we had a 3 speed fan, installed in the 1960's.
I moved the jumper to medium and that worked the best.

As for your wiring, do which ever is cheapest. Both will work.
Unless its a real long run, probably running 120v is the cheapest,
since that thinner LV wire is about the same price as 12-2 romex.
Of course this also depends on what you have to run the cable thru
too.
Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

CBHVAC wrote:
[...]

because my bedroom is cold because it has large glass window and all the
heat exist through it. During summer it stays cool if I keep furnace
fan on 24/7.

--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

CBHVAC wrote:
[...]

Was the window added AFTER the unit was installed?

If not, either way, normally what you have in a case like that is a duct
issue, NOT a blower issue.
Either you are undersized on the supply, or simply required more than one
for the room, or its one of the rooms farthest from the furnace.
In that case, a simple bit of balance to the system might work wonders for
you.

--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiastes
9:16