Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace Fan

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:01:03 -0500, "CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert"
wrote:

My furnace has a high a medium, and a low connection on its blower. I
am wondering which of these is on with the Heat, and which with the A/C?
I heard of two speed, but never of 3. My furnace is rather new and
has an exhaust blower as well.

Im trying to wire in an auxillary blower for the winter months.
Deciding between splicing in to existing 120v wiring, or adding a relay
inside the furnace and splicing into 24v wiring somewhere.

Where I used to live we had a 3 speed fan, installed in the 1960's.
I moved the jumper to medium and that worked the best.

As for your wiring, do which ever is cheapest. Both will work.
Unless its a real long run, probably running 120v is the cheapest,
since that thinner LV wire is about the same price as 12-2 romex.
Of course this also depends on what you have to run the cable thru
too.