Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Furnace Fan

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
My furnace has a high a medium, and a low connection on its blower. I am
wondering which of these is on with the Heat, and which with the A/C? I
heard of two speed, but never of 3. My furnace is rather new and has an
exhaust blower as well.

3 speeds is old news....been used for years....now 4, or 5 are common, and
with VS units, of course, 16 or more.

Its NOT to get more air into the home..its so that you can during
installation, to overcome or to reach the proper static pressure to maintain
proper operation of the unit.

Normally two speeds are used....the higher of the two for cooling, the lower
for heating.

Im trying to wire in an auxillary blower for the winter months. Deciding
between splicing in to existing 120v wiring, or adding a relay inside the
furnace and splicing into 24v wiring somewhere.

Ummm...why?
If you do that, there is a possibility of effecting your heat rise in a
negative manner.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door() into
the sheepfold{}, but climbeth up some other *way, the same is a thief and
a robber."

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD 19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D