Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing machine flood

Kenmore "direct drive" transmission clothes washer.

Was set on cold water wash. It had finished washing and finished first
spin and was filling for rinse cycle when it reached about half-full
tub point and all of a sudden water was all over the floor.

Turned it to off, it didn't stop the water, which was still pouring
into a half-full tub. Pulled out electric plug, still didn't stop the
water.

Turned off water supply and bailed out the tub.

Any clues to what it might be before I open it up?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, managed to remember how to pull the cabinet off....it's been
awhile.

The pump I replaced 3 years ago looks fine. The supply hoses leading to
the machine, look fine, no evidence of leaks around the electric
valves. The supply tube from the valves to the "part that sprays water
into the tub" looks good. The clear tube that I think has to do with
filling looks good (It connects to the side of the tub and leads back
to the valves).

The big hoses from the pump to the tub and the pump to the drain look
fine. The drain hose looks fine. It's not had this problem in the 20
years I've had it, so now I am a bit stumped.

Posted to alt.home.repair

that's what i'm trying to find out

Posted to alt.home.repair
MasterBlaster

wrote

that's what i'm trying to find out

Since the case is open, put in the garden hose, turn it on, and wait.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B.

On 26 Nov 2005 19:05:25 -0800, wrote:

that's what i'm trying to find out

Turn the water back on while the cabinet is open and see where the
water comes out?

Steve B.

Built in washing machine antgel UK diy 4 March 15th 05 10:57 AM
HW feed to washing machine? a UK diy 7 January 7th 05 11:32 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM
Box/Valve to prevent washing machine hose break and flooding? kevins_news2 Home Repair 19 April 27th 04 05:16 PM
walking washing machine Kerry Hoskin UK diy 10 February 29th 04 11:15 PM