DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Washing machine flood (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133034-washing-machine-flood.html)

[email protected] November 26th 05 10:41 PM

Washing machine flood

Kenmore "direct drive" transmission clothes washer.

Was set on cold water wash. It had finished washing and finished first
spin and was filling for rinse cycle when it reached about half-full
tub point and all of a sudden water was all over the floor.

Turned it to off, it didn't stop the water, which was still pouring
into a half-full tub. Pulled out electric plug, still didn't stop the
water.

Turned off water supply and bailed out the tub.

Any clues to what it might be before I open it up?

Tony Hwang November 26th 05 10:50 PM

Washing machine flood

wrote:
Kenmore "direct drive" transmission clothes washer.

Was set on cold water wash. It had finished washing and finished first
spin and was filling for rinse cycle when it reached about half-full
tub point and all of a sudden water was all over the floor.

Turned it to off, it didn't stop the water, which was still pouring
into a half-full tub. Pulled out electric plug, still didn't stop the
water.

Turned off water supply and bailed out the tub.

Any clues to what it might be before I open it up?

Hi,
Solenoid valve?
Tony

[email protected] November 26th 05 11:29 PM

Washing machine flood

Well, managed to remember how to pull the cabinet off....it's been
awhile.

The pump I replaced 3 years ago looks fine. The supply hoses leading to
the machine, look fine, no evidence of leaks around the electric
valves. The supply tube from the valves to the "part that sprays water
into the tub" looks good. The clear tube that I think has to do with
filling looks good (It connects to the side of the tub and leads back
to the valves).

The big hoses from the pump to the tub and the pump to the drain look
fine. The drain hose looks fine. It's not had this problem in the 20
years I've had it, so now I am a bit stumped.

Mark November 26th 05 11:41 PM

Washing machine flood

wrote:
Well, managed to remember how to pull the cabinet off....it's been
awhile.

The pump I replaced 3 years ago looks fine. The supply hoses leading to
the machine, look fine, no evidence of leaks around the electric
valves. The supply tube from the valves to the "part that sprays water
into the tub" looks good. The clear tube that I think has to do with
filling looks good (It connects to the side of the tub and leads back
to the valves).

The big hoses from the pump to the tub and the pump to the drain look
fine. The drain hose looks fine. It's not had this problem in the 20
years I've had it, so now I am a bit stumped.

well where was the water comming from?

Mark

[email protected] November 27th 05 03:05 AM

Washing machine flood

that's what i'm trying to find out ;)

Amun November 27th 05 04:42 AM

Washing machine flood

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Well, managed to remember how to pull the cabinet off....it's been
awhile.

The pump I replaced 3 years ago looks fine. The supply hoses leading to
the machine, look fine, no evidence of leaks around the electric
valves. The supply tube from the valves to the "part that sprays water
into the tub" looks good. The clear tube that I think has to do with
filling looks good (It connects to the side of the tub and leads back
to the valves).

The big hoses from the pump to the tub and the pump to the drain look
fine. The drain hose looks fine. It's not had this problem in the 20
years I've had it, so now I am a bit stumped.

well where was the water comming from?

Mark

Leftovers from Katrina.

MasterBlaster November 27th 05 01:05 PM

Washing machine flood

wrote

that's what i'm trying to find out ;)

Since the case is open, put in the garden hose, turn it on, and wait.

Steve B. November 27th 05 06:21 PM

Washing machine flood

On 26 Nov 2005 19:05:25 -0800, wrote:

that's what i'm trying to find out ;)

Turn the water back on while the cabinet is open and see where the
water comes out?

Steve B.