Posted to alt.home.repair
pe

Default Need to learn about toilet flush technologies

Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about currently
available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in my home and want
to learn about the alternatives, with particular interest in units offering
power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your replies! PE

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:45:35 -0800, "pe" wrote:

Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about currently
available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in my home and want
to learn about the alternatives, with particular interest in units offering
power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your replies! PE

WRONG
You just dont want to admit that you will have to flush the toilet
about 10 times more than usual today...... (After you eat thanksgiving
dinner).....
You're just getting prepared !!! lol

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

pe wrote:
Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about
currently available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in
my home and want to learn about the alternatives, with particular
interest in units offering power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your
replies! PE

I would suggest it is not just the flush technology.

Two of the most important parts of the equation is the trap size (larger
is better) and fully glazing the trap. You are not likely to have problems
with any toilet that has a large fully glazed trap. (Note: the trap is the
exit and in most toilets the inside has a finish like very rough sandpaper.
Fully glazed means it is as smooth as the parts you see.)

Power assist adds to efficiency, but it does not seem to be as important
these days as the designers have found other, passive, solutions that are
quieter, less complex and have fewer maintenance problems.

I would also add that quality and good construction are not really
expensive. What is far more expensive is design. If you want a fancy
looking sculpted tank, it is going to cost a ton and my be mechanically
identical to the cheapest one in the line.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

The power pressure tanks work but they are loud, hear one first, your
neighboors a mile away will know everytime you go.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jzink0883

More than you ever wanted to know about toilets:
The MaP report
- Maximum Performance (MaP) Testing of Popular Toilet Models
- updated every few months
- available at:
--http://www.cwwa.ca/home_e.asp (see the "What's New" section)
--http://www.cuwcc.org/products_tech.lasso (Scroll down to Map report.)
--http://veritec.ca (click on Reports)

www.terrylove.com
- Reviews and reports on customer experience with various toilets and
flushing technologies.
- Links to other sites.

Thanks,

Joel Zink

Posted to alt.home.repair
Support Your Cowardly Troops!!!

Just like everything else today, if you buy american, you buy junk. Best
toilets are Toto from Japan. Best cars are Toyota from Japan.
The only thing good out of states is whores and diseases.
"pe" wrote in message
Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about
currently available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in my
home and want to learn about the alternatives, with particular interest in
units offering power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your replies! PE

Posted to alt.home.repair
ndykg@_____.com

"pe" wrote in message
Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about
currently available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in my
home and want to learn about the alternatives, with particular interest in
units offering power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your replies! PE

It looks like a disease using the name
"Support Your Cowardly Troops!!!"
unfected this newsgroup.

* PLONK *

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

"pe" wrote in news:Ljdhf.8073$dv.3711@fed1read02:

Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about
currently available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in
my home and want to learn about the alternatives, with particular
interest in units offering power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your
replies! PE

Google "flapperless toilet".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy

I'm not sure why power-assisted flushing would be needed. The two
American Standard Champions (not power assisted) we installed have never
needed to be flushed more than once.

Perce

On 11/24/05 01:45 am pe tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about currently
available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in my home and want
to learn about the alternatives, with particular interest in units offering
power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your replies! PE

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:31:51 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

pe wrote:
[...]

I've stayed in motels that have power assisted flush, and it was
louder than I would want all the time. In addition, I figure there's
an air compressor which in a motel was far away, but in one's home
would be within earshot. Is that true.

I would also add that quality and good construction are not really
expensive. What is far more expensive is design. If you want a fancy
looking sculpted tank,

My brother has a lot more money than I and finally, at the age of 60
bought an expensive house, with fancy French toilets.

If I am not in perfect health, including my digestive system, so that
my bowel movements are dry as a camel's, the toilet has to be cleaned
after each use. The part at the bottom that is covered with water, is
only a little patch, as big as the top of a teacup. and I just can't
aim that well. (Actually I can't aim at all.)

I don't know if they came with the house or during a bit of
remodelling they did.

I haven't had nerve enough to discuss this with my brother,
sister-in-law, or their maid if they are unsatisfied. (I"ll bet the
maid is.)

it is going to cost a ton and my be mechanically
identical to the cheapest one in the line.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jzink0883

At www.terrylove.com, there are numerous reports of leak problems with
the valves and seals on the American Standard Champion models. One
poster said that the Champion flushed too fast, didn't clean the bowl
well, and was very noisy. More than one poster said that they had
returned the Champion to the point of purchase. What has been your
experience?

jzink0883

Posted to alt.home.repair
jzink0883

Perce,

At the Terry Love website, some posters have complianed about problems
with the Champion valve and sealing ring even after receiving "new and
improved" parts from American Standard. Others have complained about a
too-fast, noisy flush that didn't clean the bowl well.

Are you happy with the Champions?

Thanks,

jzink0883

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I'm not sure why power-assisted flushing would be needed. The two
American Standard Champions (not power assisted) we installed have never
needed to be flushed more than once.

Perce

On 11/24/05 01:45 am pe tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about currently
available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in my home and want
to learn about the alternatives, with particular interest in units offering
power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your replies! PE

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul

I just bought a Champion last week to replace a big old water waster with a
cracked bowl. The Champion does flush with a single noticable "clunk", but
does an excellent job clearing the bowl. Judging by the performance and
design inside the tank, I don't think it will ever require a plunger to
clear. The "water spot" could be a bit larger, and the bowl "wash down"
could be better.

I installed a Kohler Wellworth in another bathroom a few months ago, and was
pleasantly surprised. Bigger water spot, and a "two stage" flush, i.e.,
press the handle briefly for a "light" flush, hold the handle down for a
more complete flush. A good value for about $179 (IIRC)

If I have to buy another toilet in the future, I might buy the Wellworth
instead of the Champion and save $100.

-- Paul

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
I'm not sure why power-assisted flushing would be needed. The two American
Standard Champions (not power assisted) we installed have never needed to
be flushed more than once.

Perce

On 11/24/05 01:45 am pe tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Hi all: Can anyone refer me to web site(s) where I can read about
currently available flush technologies? I'm replacing the toilets in my
home and want to learn about the alternatives, with particular interest
in units offering power-assisted flushing. Thanks for your replies! PE

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul

Haven't read the posts at terrylove, but when I installed my Champion I was
unable to fully tighten the tank-to-bowl bolts until I had the weight of a
full tank of water to help compress the rubber donut under the tank. Once
the tank was full, I noticed some minor drips and went back in and fully
tightened everything down. So far, so good (only one week, though...)

"jzink0883" wrote in message
ups.com...
At www.terrylove.com, there are numerous reports of leak problems with
the valves and seals on the American Standard Champion models. One
poster said that the Champion flushed too fast, didn't clean the bowl
well, and was very noisy. More than one poster said that they had
returned the Champion to the point of purchase. What has been your
experience?

jzink0883

Posted to alt.home.repair
sherwindu

I'm still waiting for American Standard to come out with the Champion in their
Rhapsody Blue color. Until then, I'm stuck with their disfunctional Cadet 1.3 gal
toy.

Sherwin D.